Monday, April 12, 2010

All geared up

OK so I think I'm ready for the race on Saturday morning (did I just jinx myself?).

1) I have my outfit ready. I did my long run this weekend in my super cool aerodynamic (nerdy) running hat and it was pretty great. Also in my running shirt (hottest hot pink there is), also pretty great.

2) I am officially tapering. 6 miles this Saturday, 4 miles this morning...just a couple more workouts before the race.

3) I am (I AM! STOP ARGUING WITH YOURSELF BRIDGET) making myself get up at 6 every day this week so it won't be quite a shock to my body when I have to start the race at 6:30 on Saturday morning. 1 day of this down, 4 to go. Will be especially hard on Friday morning when I'm not going to work that day...

4) I got a new water bottle that I kind of "wear" on my hand (pictured below). It has a little strap on it that makes it so I can just slip my hand in and carry it effortlessly. I think it's cool because it looks like it's wearing its own little backpack. It carries my "Shot Blocks" which are basically just jelly energy supplements (candy) that I eat when I'm doing long runs. They're tasty. I got home from my dance class yesterday and wanted to eat one but I have to restrict myself because they're only for serious workout time.

2 comments:

molly said...

yayayay- goooooooo bridgeeee!

you can do it! have a great time! can't wait to hear all about it & see lots of pics!

xoxo!

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

I can't wait to see you!!!! I hope to be able to contribute some "running recovery" snacks...but I don't want to jinx them by talking about it :)