Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Days 8 and 9

So, both yesterday and today I've woken up feeling a little more like I'm down/dragging than I had over the past week. Is it because of all the sugar I ate the night before? I don't know. But just an observation.

Yesterday I had juice for breakfast again. I don't know why, but I had a much harder time than usual getting it down. I finished it, but it took some work to make it happen. Salad for lunch again, but feeling bored with the salad by now as well. Need to start planning ahead and packing my lunches so I don't get so bored with the take out options I have. In the afternoon, my boss's boss (Tracie) had her birthday, and people had brought in Sprinkles cupcakes. I hadn't broadcasted my newfound veganism around the office, so there weren't vegan options, and Tracie said if I didn't eat a cupcake I was fired, sooooo I had a carrot cupcake (I mean, twist my arm, honestly). I confessed to Jeremy and he had a beer as his special treat last night :) So like I said...not like, awkwardly vegan. Just sort of vegan as much as possible. For dinner we had these black bean quinoa burgers I made from a recipe out of Runner's World that was actually pretty darn good. The only thing that was bad was the fact that I dropped 1 out of the 4 patties I made on the ground in the living room and so didn't have much to eat. Luckily, Jeremy had made an awesome salad, so I had that.

After dinner, I still wasn't satisfied, and I had eaten all of the vegan cookies over the weekend, so I had a piece of sprouted grain bread with earth balance soy spread and raspberry jelly for dessert. Then I had a handful of bagel chips. Then I had a few handfuls of peanuts. So, needless to say,  yesterday I did not do a great job of keeping myself satisfied with enough protein and fiber. Something to work on.

Today I had juice for breakfast AND lunch (will explain). Breakfast was spirulina, cucumbers, carrot, celery, and ginger. Not sure why, but easier to get down than yesterday. Then I went to work for a meeting, and then I went to the dentist, where I had 3 teeth drilled and filled and 3 sealants replaced. I go to the dentist every 6 months.  I had not been behind in my dental treatments. Apparently the past 6 months my teeth just decided to GIVE UP. So anyway, that was THE WORST. After that, I clearly didn't want to eat solid foods, so I went to a local juice place and got juice for lunch (kale, spinach, apples, lemons, celery and cucumber). Also pretty tasty. They ALSO had vegan cookies! Yay! So I got 4 (what? back off). Peanut butter, chocolate chip, double chocolate, and pumpkin! I broke into the peanut butter cookie for my 3 pm snack and I'm going to throw the rest in the freezer tonight.

So then I go to my 3:30 meeting and they had - get this - 6 DOZEN SPRINKLES CUPCAKES. What? Like, were they specifically trying to torture me? But then - remember, I work in California - they announced that a dozen of those cupcakes were VEGAN RED VELVET. Sooooo don't be surprised that I helped myself to two of those cupcakes to take home and share with Jeremy tonight. Pretty exciting, right? So now, considering that I knocked everyone down in an attempt to get to the box first, everyone in the office knows I'm trying veganism, and I imagine those vegan cupcakes will make another appearance sometime soon.

I keep announcing, though, the superiority of Georgetown Cupcakes to Sprinkles every time we have them (I don't start the conversation, I promise) and now everyone is curious. Considering that I probably won't have a visitor from the east coast anytime soon, I looked into shipping options. They will ship them here overnight via FedEx for $29/dozen plus $26 shipping for the 1st dozen and $15 shipping for each dozen thereafter. So I said I'd ship them in for my boss or my counterpart's birthday, and then they remembered that my birthday is coming up. I told them not to order them for me (and I sincerely hope they don't), but who knows, maybe we'll have a bit of the east coast here for my birthday!

Anyway, up to bat tonight is the vegan quinoa chili recipe I found on Pinterest (my saving grace). Kelly and her husband Ryan already tried it and said it was a little bland, so we may need to spice it up a notch. We'll see! :) Hope everyone is having a good start to their week.

No comments: