Thursday, June 25, 2009

I know I've been delinquent

Will try to write a longer post this wknd.

Anyway, just a couple of thoughts, linked by my immaturity and their general subject:
  1. Another word I wish I used more often -- "balls." Not like, ya know, balls balls, but balls as an exclamation...like, "Oh, balls, I forgot to put the milk in the fridge." I understand that it refers to that type of balls when you use it that way, but it doesn't seem quite as unsavory.
  2. I was trying to find a new font to type my e-mail in this morning and I came upon "Harvey Balls" and I giggled. Honestly, who names a font Harvey Balls and thinks it's a good idea?
  3. UPDATE (from later in the same day): One of my pet peeves -- when people say words that have been adopted into the English language but have their origin in another language, and say them with the accent of their original language - ie mozzarella. Stop it. Annoying. Besides, didn't most words in the English language come from another language in the first place?

2 comments:

Banannie said...

the harvey balls font saves a consultant's life. no joke. laugh all you want :-P

Bridgee said...

wait i don't get it! how does it save a consultant's life?! how do you use it?!