Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Something Borrowed

Last night I went on a date with my friend Karen. We ate mexican food and saw a movie. Really, what better way is there to spend a night than eating mexican food and watching movies?

I've really been wanting to see Bridesmaids but I had just leant Karen the book Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin, so I felt it was appropriate that we see that instead. I never reviewed that book on my book blog because I read it before I started the book blog - but the short and sweet of it is that it's a great vacation/beach read. Not going to change your life but you will finish it very quickly, it's quite interesting.

I had heard the movie was terrible so I didn't have high hopes. I needed to see something mindless. I'm not sure if it was my low expectations that made the movie good, but it was good. So if you're looking for something to see and you have already seen Bridesmaids (I would have chosen that first if not for my friend having just finished the book), give Something Borrowed a chance.

Also, make sure you look out for the Emily Giffin cameo in the movie - she's sitting next to Marcus and Rachel in Central Park reading the sequel to Something Borrowed, called Something Blue (also worth reading). Thought that was a cute nod. Quite a quick shot though so don't blink or you'll miss her!


1 comment:

Molly said...

want to go see it! so glad you said it was good!

ps. i see you sooon!