Tuesday, February 28, 2012

cake.com/excited

So the weekend that I got to see two of my best friends, Jared and Heather, I was additionally excited because I knew that Jared was going to propose to Heather that very weekend! Obviously Heather had no idea and was SHOCKED when it happened, and it was a joyful weekend all around.

I volunteered to bake their wedding cake and they agreed because I drugged them they're insane they love me and they know that I will think about nothing but making their wedding cake from now until September (when the wedding happens, that's not just an arbitrary date upon which I will stop thinking about it haha).

SO! I've already ordered two cookbooks off of amazon and am eagerly awaiting their arrival, and I've taken decorating classes in the past (multiple) and baked many birthday cakes, but never anything of this size. I know my extensive education in cake decorating watching of bakery-based reality tv shows has prepared me for this task, but I'm just reaching out to see if anyone has any other resources they recommend that I buy/read/obsess over for this task?

I'm going to visit a cake supply store this weekend and buy everything I can get my hands on select carefully from their selection so I can start practicing skills such as doweling the cakes. I'm assuming they'll have special cake dowels and I won't need to go to Home Depot for that, even though then Jeremy could get involved beyond being my primary taste tester which would be great.

I just can't wait to bring my tester cakes into work over the next few months and have people wonder why I keep bringing massive tiered cakes into the office for absolutely no reason.

Jared I know you read this blog, please don't take this as a sign that I won't be able to pull this off. I will. It's happening. You already said yes. You can't back out. I already stepped down from officiating the wedding which WAS MY RIGHT AS THE PERSON WHO INTRODUCED YOU TWO, so you can't take away this honor as well. Ok? Ok.



CAKE!

2 comments:

JK said...

Ha, No way would I worry about this....number one you are saving me hundreds of dollars...number two I'va had you're baking before. I'll rest easy.

the bee said...

maybe you should test how the cakes ship too and send one or several to me.