Thursday, October 18, 2012

Downton Abbey: UPDATED.

I just started watching it 2 nights ago. So naturally I have watched 8 episodes so far and will probably be caught up to the end of season 2 before the end of the week. So take all of the below with a grain of salt, understanding that I have not seen the rest of season 2 yet and I'm sure these opinions will change before the end of season 2. Finished season 2 on tuesday evening. 

my thoughts so far:
1) i hate o'brien. i hate her and her scheming ways. She didn't really redeem herself. Almost...but not fully.
2) i hate mary. she's a jerk to edith and matthew. Still a jerk, but now her storyline makes me happy, so less of a jerk. 
3) edith is annoying, but she's totally got middle child syndrome and can't be expected to not be annoying to mary. Edith is meh. 
4) sybil is alright. she looks like a brunette scarlet johannsen (sp?). I like her storyline and want her, her bub, and the chauffeur to come back to Downton. 
5) matthew is awesome (hence why mary is a jerk) even more awesome now. 
6) Mr Bates, stop being so damn noble. It's annoying after a while. SAD. Not as sad as it almost was, but still sad. Do you think he did it? Or was that her last revenge? I honestly kind of think  he did it. But if he did, that was a really stupid move. 
7) Whatserface who loves Mr Bates, you're great and he's dumb. Anna - you're still great. 
8) Daisy...you're annoying too. Awwww. Daisy. William. I like Daisy now. 
9) William you deserve better than Daisy. :( :( 
10) Thomas you're a jerk too. Still a jerk. Worse jerk. 
11) Golden lab, you're awesome. Isis. Love you. Way to get yourself saved. 

OK I think those are all my opinions so far. Does anyone want to talk to me about it? Obviously my opinions are very profound and thoughtful.

PS I was just talking to Paul about my opinions on the show and I said "Mary's a jerk face" and he goes "Old young or ugly?" and I go "What the what?" and he goes "Which sister?"

And that's why I'm friends with Paul.

Thanks to everyone who told me to watch it.

2 comments:

the bee said...

yes, let's talk downtown abbey. glad you've started watching it, it'll make you want to move to england and only wear long dresses when go to dinner.

Sarah said...

YESSSSSS!!! My roommate just started watching it so I am currently RE-watching Season Two. Paul is right on. I hate that I judge, but I knew exactly what he was talking about. :)