Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some quotes from another good book

I had dinner with a friend tonight and told her about some quotes that I thought would speak to her...so I thought I would share them here as well.

"Back inside, I opened the door to Josh's bedroom. He'd already turned out the light. I inched forward in the dark. My knee found the bed, and I got in. I lay very still. Then Josh put his arms around me, and it was safe to love him again." p96

"I remind myself that this is what I always say and what I always do. As soon as I'm in a relationship, I promote fear from clerk to president, even though all it can do is sweep up, turn off the lights, and lock the door" p322

"'Very nice' Seth says, and his voice tells me that he doesn't want to hear any more about Vincent and Amanda, he doesn't care about them, and that he's wishing he didn't care so much about me. It scares me. But then I get this big feeling, simple but exalted: He's just like me, only with different details." p 323

Quotes from The Wonder Spot by Melissa Banks

"He seemed kind and charming. His voice promised that he would take care of her, and that a little later he would open up whole new worlds for her, unroll an endless succession of magnificent possibilities," p 16

Quote from Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Is it so wrong that that quote describes exactly what I want?

No comments: