Monday, January 04, 2010

The Wii is back, and it's pissed

So when I bought my Wii, or lovingly adopted it from its previous owner, rather, I played with it ALL THE TIME. For a while, it got constant attention. Then I stopped playing it quite as much as I had been. And then, it kind of got put away. I got a really cute storage cube from Target and I used it to store all my Wiimotes and games while I wasn't using them.

Then, for Christmas, I got the Super Mario Bros Wii game, and it is SUPER FUN, so I started playing the Wii again, and it was quite happy to come out of storage, but I think it's kind of pissed that I ever put it in storage in the first place, and is now constantly demanding reassurance from me in the form of attention. Which may or may not be why I devoted hours of my time this past weekend to playing the Wii. I'm on level 7 out of 8. Pretty intense stuff.

Saturday night I even drove downtown to my friends' house to play the same game on THEIR Wii until 1 am. The great thing about this game is that you can all be playing simultaneously (up to 4 players) - and while you are supposed to be a team working towards the same goal, it is much more fun to terrorize each other while you're on the course -- ie, picking other characters up and throwing them off the course to their death, stealing their mushrooms, stealing their extra lives even when you have 20 and they have 5 (all behaviors developed and exhibited by my friend John, and then by myself and Paul in retaliation). My favorite, though, is when you're all riding on Yoshis (they even have a pink Yoshi now!) and one of you gets knocked off your Yoshi, the other people can PICK THAT PERSON UP IN YOSHI'S MOUTH and run off with him!! Paul and I played Yoshi catch with John's character for a while and it was hilarious. Especially because John had gotten knocked off the pink Yoshi which I then, naturally, stole from him.

Less hilarious, though, when I got knocked off my Yoshi and they did it to me.

No comments: