Thursday, November 10, 2011

Pay it Forward

This afternoon I decided to leave the office and go to Chipotle to pick up lunch. To get out of the Chipotle parking lot, you basically have to risk your life and pull halfway into the road to see if there is oncoming traffic. Problem being, if there is, it is probably going to plow you down the road as soon as you can see it.

So I'm inching my car into traffic, trying to see if I can make it, and this kind pedestrian who is waiting to cross the street and can see around the parked cars that are obstructing my view holds his hand up to me to indicate that it isn't clear for me to pull out into traffic, and then once it is, waves me along.

I thought that was just the nicest thing. So just thought I'd share.


Oh, and then I ate a burrito the size of a baby and a bag of chips. Did you know that if you train for & run a marathon, it is NOT a guarantee that you will be marathon skinny for the rest of your life without working out ever?


So...remind me why I did that?

No comments: