Thursday, May 06, 2010

In case you haven't noticed

...which I hope you haven't because it keeps me from looking like a giant idiot...

I have terrible taste in men. Like, awful. I'm just not attracted to good guys. When they're nice people and they treat me well and they show me normal amounts of affection, I get bored and tired of the whole thing and I treat them badly, eventually breaking things off with them in favor of finding the next distraction.

So I'm trying to retrain myself and change my taste and I was wondering - do you think that's possible? Can we CHANGE what we find attractive?

Then I thought about my eating habits - when I was younger I would eat Super Sized value meals at McDonald's (I'm not kidding), sweets all the time, drink at least 1 Coke every day (as Octavio would say, "full fat" Coke, not Diet Coke), and never really think about anything whole grain. All white bread & pasta, all the time. Occasionally I would eat a chicken breast, but even then, it was breaded and coated in butter. At the time, it didn't bother me, but now just thinking about ingesting that kind of crap literally makes me sick - just thinking about it.

As I've grown older and changed my habits, I've stopped eating that kind of stuff - and the thing is, I don't even want to eat it. I mean, sure, occasionally nothing will cure the itch like some McDonald's fries, but generally speaking, I crave veggies, whole grains, water, etc.

Do you think I can change my taste in men too, as all the crap I'm currently ingesting is making me sick?

And if so, HOW?

Food for thought. Pun intended.

1 comment:

Molly said...

i think you totally can! i think you find a person when you are ready to find a person. When you finally figure out what you want in a man.