Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Don't worry, this won't last.

By "this" I mean the posting about running, not the actual running. I hope. Maybe both.

I did my first official training run last night on the treadmill at my apartment building. Highlights:
  1. My french braid coming undone around 1.5 miles in and leaving me running with my hair loose like the female version of Fabio. I paused the treadmill and rectified that situation quite quickly.
  2. Girl who got on the treadmill next to me when I had about 1 mile left who I'm pretty sure was trying to race me, although that may have just been the mid-run paranoia talking (don't act like you don't know about the mid-run paranoia).
  3. My friend Katie calling to say she was on her way to pick me up for book club when I was about 0.2 miles away from the end of the run, and me answering the phone and panting into it with no explanation for her as to why I was breathing so heavily (that is, until I got into her car sweating (more than usual)).
  4. Finishing!
Here's the thing people. This run was only 3 miles long and it made me SAD. Because when I finished, all I could think was "Only 23.2 miles to go! Yeah...I'm gonna take a nap."

Instead of taking a nap I went to book club, which was fun. We read Room by Emma Donahue (which I have yet to review on my book blog, sorry). I had a great time at book club (we had a picnic outdoors and I'm pretty sure I ate enough food for all the rest of the girls in the club, whatever, post-run metabolism high), but I did not have a great time reading Room. It's super depressing and slightly perverse.

So. Caveat emptor on the whole Room thing. But yeah, please keep pestering me about my runs.

No comments: