Monday, June 20, 2011

New girl crush

So I e-mailed my friend Molly (I'd link to her blog but she HASN'T UPDATED IN A YEAR so I have decided not to in a passive-aggressive (heavy on the aggressive) attempt to get her to update it or start a new blog) earlier today asking for some of the blogs she read while training for the marathon she recently completed.

She sent me quite a few suggestions but I can already tell that my favorite is going to be Running off the Reese's. The author is awesome. Super snarky and hilarious.

Two of my favorite discoveries from her blog so far:

because I, like her, am the Good Luck Chuck of women.

And:


because, yes. Amazing. I don't care if you're a runner, watch the video. It's hilarious.

Also, I'm officially starting my training for the Baltimore Marathon today. It's in October. 10/16/2011 to be exact. I figured that since I get free registration through working for Under Armour, I could use the money I saved (plus other money that I have no reason to spend but I'm trying to rationalize here leave me alone) to buy a Garmin 305 and a hot pink iPod nano to keep me company on my long. Long. Long. Lonely runs.

Here we go!

Please make sure to ask me every time you talk to me from now on how my marathon training is going so that I am shamed into actually doing my runs. And after I answer you say "are you lying?"

Thanks.

2 comments:

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

How are you doing on your runs?

Are you lying?

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

PS. That sounds like I just asked you about having diarrhea.