Thursday, September 22, 2011

I mean, you know.

So I did that 3h 20m run not this past Saturday but the Saturday before. Then last Friday I spent the whole day moving, so when Saturday came around I was already sore and exhausted and I was like "Eff no, I will not be running for hours today."

Sunday Jeremy and I went to King's Dominion with his parents which was an awesome time. We rode almost all the roller coasters in the park. Some were having technical difficulties so we couldn't ride, which made me sad. There is one roller coaster there now called the Intimidator - the first hill is 305' in the air and you drop at an 85* angle, reaching speeds of up to 94 mph.

When you come out of the first drop you almost black out - no joke. Your vision starts to go. I don't quite understand how this is safe. As we were climbing the first hill I kept repeating "I don't understand why I thought this was a good idea."

Anyway, see the ridiculousness to the left.

So we spent hours at the park and then drove home, and let me tell you, I have never felt so old. I felt so beat up by the roller coasters and all the walking and the moving that by the end of the day on Sunday I was just absolutely exhausted.

I felt like all that physical activity made up for the fact that I didn't run (right?).

I've spent most of this week after work doing laundry, cooking (I'm totally domestic now), and taking care of the dogs. On Tuesday night Jeremy and I got to see the Capitals play in the Baltimore Hockey Classic - it was cool to get to go only a couple of miles to see an NHL game, but it was disappointing because the Caps lost and the 1st Mariner Bank arena is just a sad, sad venue. Super creepy and small and sad. I won't be itching to go there again anytime soon.

So anyway last night I decided it was time for a run - I got home, walked the dogs, then went out for a quick trot around the park. I ended up running a little bit over 3 miles, and it was tough. I usually loosen up after 1 mile so I kept telling myself it would be better after I finished the first mile, but the improvement wasn't really quite as good as I had hoped. I pushed myself to finish the rest of the run - and by pushed myself I mean just kept running - not quickly or anything.

So now I'm facing a 20 mile course run on Saturday. The great thing is that it's a "sponsored course run" meaning that hundreds of people who are participating in the race next month are meeting up at a park that is 1.5 blocks from our house, and we're all going to run the course together for however long we need to to complete our training run. They'll have water, gels, etc to give us, but I do still plan on bringing my fuel belt.

I'm really scared that I'm going to get left behind because I'm so slow. :-/

I'll report back.

1 comment:

the bee said...

you won't get left behind. if you do, just hop on one of those roller coasters.