Monday, August 15, 2011

Oh...goodness.

It's been raining in Baltimore for days. It rained all weekend (apparently, I wasn't here for the whole weekend) and it rained all day today so when I got home from work, it was quite cool outside and I thought it would be perfect to go for a run - since I hadn't run in over a week (what? who said that?). Yeah...I did my 15 mile run and then...didn't run..for...a...week. Oops. I mean...I've got nothing.

So I went for a run after I walked and fed Mugsy. I bought a couple of these bones for Mugsy this past week and he LOVES them. I bought him peanut butter filled and cheese & bacon filled. He has been working on the peanut butter filled one for literally days. So all dog owners out there - buy these for your doggie! He or she will love them! And them having a bone to chew on = them not bothering you for a while :)
So anyway, with Mugsy chewing on his bone, I went out for a run intending to do 4 miles. I trotted around the Harbor and felt pretty good, but it wasn't as easy as I was hoping it would have been because I thought my legs were well rested.

I went over towards Canton and ran some hills, which I was happy to fit into the run, and I ran into Jeremy walking his dog which was nice. I would include my splits from my Garmin but I couldn't seem to remember to hit the lap button after every mile so I don't really have any good information - but you know they were all slow. I probably ran between 4.25-4.5 miles in the end. It just didn't feel as good as I thought it would have. So once again - a reminder that I need to stick to my training plan more closely. Because I'm really not sure I'm in good enough shape to run this marathon. And it's 2 months from today.

So. I'm running scared. But I guess running scared is better than not running at all, huh?

No comments: