Friday, August 05, 2011

Two things

1) My dog decided to ride the elevator by himself today. I always take him for a morning walk, and this morning in the elevator on the way back up to our apartment, I took his leash off (I often do this so I don't have to do it while he's trying to get into the apartment). So I got off at the 6th floor, as normal, and he...didn't. I turned around and yelled his name and tried to throw my arm between the elevator doors to no avail. I hit both the up and down elevator buttons but it was no use. It was gone. I spent the next 3 minutes hitting all the buttons only to have the OTHER elevator come multiple times. Finally the right elevator comes back and my dog is...not on it. Meaning he could have been ANYWHERE in the building because I had heard that elevator go by multiple times since I had lost him. So I get on the elevator and ride it down to the lobby, thinking that whoever found him must have taken him down there. Nope. So I get back on and stop on every. single. floor. until I finally find him on the 10th floor, sniffing around outside the elevator. Totally normal. I just cannot imagine what the people who got on/off the elevator before he decided to get off thought! So my morning started with quite an adventure.

2) I'm going to attempt to run 15 miles tomorrow morning. I think I will get up around 6 to try it, and I think with water/food breaks it will take me around 3 hours to complete (don't judge me!). Which means that tonight I need to make a pretty awesome playlist to run to. Any song suggestions?

No comments: