Monday, April 13, 2009

well it goes like this the fourth, the fifth

A few random things today:
  1. I've had a cold for about a week. I tried really really hard to lose my voice this weekend to no avail. Now I just sound like I've been smoking since 10 years before I was conceived. Every time I laughed today I wheezed and then started coughing. It was really hot. Anyway, I talked to my mom and the conversation went like this: Mom "Do you have any cough medicine?" Me "Yes." Mom "...are you TAKING the cough medicine?" Me "Ummm...(cough)" She knows me too well.
  2. I am HUGELY proud of myself because this weekend, I went to the store, bought replacement windshield wiper blades for my car, and installed them myself! I just did a little wiggle dance because I am still really proud. Please note that it rained today in Columbus and I am partially convinced that Jesus made it rain to show me what a good job I did with the wiper blades.
  3. Every time I hear the song Hallelujah it never fails to move me. No matter who's singing it - although my favorites are (in order) Jeff Buckley, Kate Voegele, and Rufus Wainwright. A sampling of the lyrics:

"baby i've been here before, i've seen this room and i've walked this floor, i used to live alone before i knew you. i've seen your flag on the marble arch, but love is not a victory march, it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

well, maybe there's a god above, but all i've ever learned from love, was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you. it's not a cry that you hear at night, it's not somebody who's seen the light, it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah "

2 comments:

Molly said...

our pastor sang this at our Maundy thursday service and it was pretty awesome. it made me want to learn the guitar this summer. now i just need that hubby of mine to get me a guitar!

now go take cough medicine! feel better and have some chicken soup! or maybe some reeses eggs. they always make me feel better :)

Bridgee said...

Oh believe me if Reese's eggs cured this illness, I would be wholly immune by now. In fact, I think I will go on a little egg hunt right now...

I would love to hear you play that song!! :-) xoxo