Wednesday, March 24, 2010

NO PARENTS!

So I had an awkward moment on my birthday. We were sitting at the dinner table and there were like 10 of us, and I think we had just finished cutting the birthday cake or something, and someone said "Happy birthday!" and I said "BIRTHDAYYYY!"...so when I said "birthday" excitedly, my friend Paul put up his hand for a high five, and then I followed it up with "NO PARENTS!" He kindly kept his hand there while I completed the high five, but he looked at me like I was crazy.

No one here has ever heard of No Parents. Do you guys remember that?? Was it just us? We used to say that, right? It was a thing? Or did I make this up? I distinctly remember this being yelled (I think by Foley) at FIJI parties, (except it was usually "COLLEGE! NO PARENTS!") so now I can't figure out if it was a FIJI/XO thing, or just a FIJI thing, or really just something I made up and then attributed in my head to one of my favorites.

Can someone please clarify this for me? Because I am totally planning on yelling "VEGAS! NO PARENTS!" this weekend and I don't want it to be awkward.

3 comments:

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

I think it's from the Simpsons....but it's a real thing. My brother used to say it...hence I think it's from the Simpsons. :)

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen said...

http://www.cavalierdaily.com/2007/03/30/college-no-parents12531/

...maybe just a UVA thing...

molly said...

I remember that! It definitely involved Foley & FIJI parties.

Hope you're getting excited for Vegas & I can't wait to hear stories! Miss you! xoxo!