Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Going, going, back, back, to Cali, Cali...

Jeremy and I went back out to California this past weekend for the wedding of his friends Aaron and Amanda. We flew out (very) early on Friday morning and back early Sunday afternoon. It was a great trip and totally worth the flights back and forth over the quick period of time.

It was really great to meet all of Jeremy's friends from college - most of the girls at the wedding were Chi Os (as was the bride). We were going to sing Shades but then...didn't. I'm not entirely sure what happened, I think since we didn't have a set time to do it it just sort of got pushed to the side and never happened. Jeremy and his fraternity brothers were supposed to sing the EX sweetheart song to Amanda as well, but that didn't happen either. I'm not entirely sure any of them remembered all the words. Incidentally I think I was the only XO there who knew all the words to Shades, which made me happy because then they had no choice but to include me ;-)

Friday night we attended the rehearsal dinner which was by a bonfire and was a great time. Super casual and celebratory. They had a "taco lady" who brought her cart to the bonfire and it was SO DELICIOUS. I wanted seconds but then I became intoxicated and forgot all about the tacos because they also had s'mores. Then after 2 s'mores I pulled a classic Drunk Bridget move and wandered off into the woods by myself, prompting Jeremy to send me to bed. After Jeremy left to go back out to say goodnight to his friends, I pulled a Stephanie Tanner and set up my bed in the bathtub. I think I did this because I was feeling ill and wanted to be sick in the bathroom if I was going to be sick, but I can't say that I didn't just want to live out a Full House moment in my drunkenness. Not sure.

Saturday we got to hang out with his friends some more before the wedding, then we went to the ceremony which was legit 5 minutes long (including the procession and recession). The men loved the brevity of the ceremony. After the ceremony was the cocktail hour then the reception and dancing. The food was AMAZING. Seriously some of the best chicken I've ever had in my life. It tasted like sausage. I'm not sure why. But it was great.

Sunday morning we had to get up and get out of town, but we still left time for a quick stop at In-n-Out burger before we departed (naturally).

I'll post pictures next - again, get ready for gratuitous shots of myself and Jeremy, just way too many of them, but what can I say I love pictures (even more when I'm drunk). There will also be lots of pictures of the resort/ranch where the wedding was. It was gorgeous and the wedding was also perfect. There were lavender fields on their property for the guests to explore - they harvest the lavender and sell it in products in their gift shop so everything smells wonderful. Lots of lizards and, randomly, bunnies on the property.

Anyway, remind me why I haven't moved to California yet?

Oh yeah, I'm running a marathon in less than two weeks. Cueeeee panic attack.

No comments: