Friday, October 21, 2011

I makes the foods!

So I found this recipe on Pinterest and I made it for dinner last night (well, I made it in the morning, let it cook all day in the Crock Pot, and then we ate it for dinner last night). This is the chicken that was mentioned in yesterday's post regarding the stabbing incident. But even with the stabbing incident, this dinner was a success! So yay, something even I couldn't mess up (haha)! I definitely recommend this recipe. It was super easy. I think it really comes down to the BBQ sauce that you choose. I just chose some bottled Annie's BBQ sauce from Whole Foods. I think I'd choose something different next time - maybe buy some from Red, Hot & Blue the next time I eat there - anyway, I'm rambling.

When we got home from work the chicken was definitely cooked through, so I set it down to "Warm" instead of "Low" until we were ready to eat, and I took two forks and shredded the chicken (it came apart very easily).

To go with the bbq chicken, I whipped up some drop biscuits with Bisquick mix (very easy...Bisquick mix, milk, and then I added cheddar cheese and crushed red pepper flakes, and finally sprinkled the biscuits with parmesan cheese before they went into the oven). Definitely grease the baking sheet though (the instructions lie) because otherwise they WILL stick to the pan.

Finally, I roasted some brussels sprouts and baby carrots in a 400* oven for about 30 minutes after tossing them with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. I put them in a casserole dish because it was close at hand, but if you try it I recommend letting them spread out a bit more so they get crispy (also ideally would have let them roast longer but J was hungry).

So I didn't mess up dinner last night! Yay!

Thanks to Lizzy and Molly for your recipe suggestions, keep 'em coming people! Any good cookbooks I should invest in....?

No comments: