Monday, October 31, 2011

Stuff and Things.

stuff: Chicken enchiladas - I made this recipe for dinner last night. And again, I didn't take pictures when it came out of the oven. Let's just pretend it looked like the picture. It actually didn't look that different (yay!) and it tasted great. 1 more in the Win column for me! I wanted to make a recipe that had more cheese & sour cream, but Jeremy was being reasonable (boring) and suggested that this "lighter" recipe might be a healthier idea (little does he know I doubled the cheese in the recipe).

I also doubled the chipotles in the recipe which made them quite spicy, but it was a good thing! That just meant that I had to put some sour cream on top of mine to cool them off a little bit, and really, when is sour cream a bad idea? Never.

So yes, this dish was quite easy + tasty, I recommend it! I also think that the amount of effort I put into this (I'd say a 3 on a scale of 1-10) was outweighed by the amount of tastiness I got out of it (I think a 7.5). And that's always a good thing.

and things: I read this blog (recommended to me by Molly Laufer originally) and if you don't read it, you should. Cely is the author and she is pretty and athletic and funny and smart. And she posted recently that she broke up with her long term boyfriend and that made me sad (like, strangely sad considering that I have never met her and we are not friends). So I commented on the post and said "this makes me really sad. if i were into girls i'd totally date you." then I went about my creepy way on my creepy day. And lo and behold - Cely responded to me! She wrote me an email and said "Thank you? haha" I was chatting with Lizzy and I said "I feel creepy now. Well...creepier." I'm happy Cely responded to me but I'm still sad about the circumstances. And I think the "I feel creepy...well, creepier" sentence pretty much defines my life.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


No comments: