Thursday, October 20, 2011

Help! (I need somebody)...

Listen up peeps.

I need some ideas regarding what to make for dinner. I always thought I was a good cook. I may need to revise that to a good baker who can cook 2 or 3 things relatively well. Because these are the things that have happened since I moved in with J and became the Chef for 2 people...

  • roasted a chicken upside down (WHAT? It's hard to TELL. It's not like it comes with arrows). 
  • made a chicken curry dish...and forgot the curry powder. 
  • drowned some cornbread stuffing in milk, making it more of a cornbread stuffing pudding. 
  • pulled a pork tenderloin out of the oven while it was still raw in the middle. 
  • burned the SHIT out of some brown rice. 
  • (this morning) went to put the frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot, then realized that the layer of material between the chicken and the styrofoam was frozen to the chicken breasts, spent approximately 15 minutes stabbing chicken breasts to get material off, at one point yelling out "AHHAJFJAJGHHHHH!" in frustration, prompting J to jump out of the shower and yell downstairs to make sure I was ok. 
So I'm batting about 0.100 right now in terms of successful dishes. And believe me, J could cook, but he gets home later than I do usually, plus I love to cook and my reputation is on the line, damnit! 

So please. Enlighten me as to what you make yourself for dinner that I will not mess up. 

Seriously. Please. 

4 comments:

Molly said...

ravioli skillet: raviolis, one can of italian stewed tomatoes, one can of veggie broth, one large zucchini and one large squash. Put tomatoes and broth in large skillet. Boil. Then add the ravioli and veggies and boil for about 7 minutes. (Until raviolis are done). Bread, is a nice add on with some wine.

Large romaine salads with strawberries, avocado, pecan bits, and raspberry vinagrette. Throw on some pre cooked chicken if your man is a bigger eater. Bread is a nice to add with some wine.

(See a theme here)

We also always buy the pillsbury frozen rolls so that we don't have to buy french bread which can go bad.

YOU can do it!!

the bee said...

here's what i eat:
- lots of roasted vegetables. cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts.
- chicken or turkey sausage/burgers
- pasta casseroles, you can add meat, do any kind of sauce, add vegetables.
- cook orzo with vegetables or meat (i eat with chicken sausage)

Do you have a crockpot? That would give you a lot of options his winter!

the bee said...

wait never mind, you obviously have a crockpot. ummm, just use it better.

Bridgee said...

Thanks for the advice Molly and Lizzy, especially that last gem Lizzy ;-)