Sunday, February 28, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends

UPDATE: Presents in the mail. Be on the lookout!

I thought that since I whined and got some much needed love & support from you ladies this week, from comments on the blog to a pre-run text from Lizzy, I thought I should let you know how my long run this weekend went.

I got up yesterday morning and thought I should go to my local running shop and see if I needed new shoes. I spent a while with the (cute) salesman looking at my shoes/stride/etc and eventually decided that what I needed to get my running groove back was 1) my third pair of Brooks Adrenaline running shoes (I've worn out the previous two, I'm not just collecting them, I promise) and 2) a fancy little heart rate monitor (I've been having some weird heart concerns lately, pretty sure so far it's nothing serious but figured a heart rate monitor never hurt anything).

So I went to the gym yesterday after I got my new shoes, I put on my iPod and headphones, started out around the track (I had 54 laps ahead of me to complete my 6 mile long run of the week) and got into my rhythm. It definitely wasn't easy at first, but I just kept putting one foot in front of the other, and you know what? I did it! I ran 6 miles straight without stopping! I was so proud of myself and when I was feeling really tired I just kept thinking about you guys and your support and it pushed me along!

I am making a little thank you for each one of you tonight and will hopefully be able to get it in the mail tomorrow, so look for it! Smolls I'll send yours to SD and it can meet you when you get home! :-)

6 comments:

Molly said...

it's all in the shoes and the 'tude :) you can do it!!!

Molly said...

also, another trick to get the run over with is to mentally interview your favorite celebrities and make up their answers. i know this sounds cheesy, but it's been working since 1998 for me. Lance Bass was interviewed multiple times ;)

Bridgee said...

wow I feel like I just learned something TOTALLY NEW about molly. this is kind of amazing.

molly said...

i agree- that is SUCH a random/awesome thing to do. i feel like i just learned something new about molly v. i have run 6 straight days on the stupid treadmill and i was thinking how i was going to force myself to hop on it AGAIN tomorrow. i think this might just do the trick; thanks MV!

Molly said...

I no longer interview Lance Bass just an fyi :)

molly said...

sureeeeeee ya don't... ;)