Monday, February 01, 2010

Some were born to sing the harmonies

So lately I have been listening to a lot of acapella/Glee soundtrack music. I've been wishing that there were a way to turn down the melody in a song and just listen to the harmony because I have always been jealous of people who could just naturally pick the harmony out of a song and sing that part instead of the melody.

Just as I was typing this I realized that I am essentially admitting to singing very seriously in the shower and/or car. Welp. See you later, any remaining personal cool factor.

Anyway, I was wondering if it says anything about me that I'd rather sing the harmony than the melody, and what exactly that is if it does. That I'm a super supportive person? That I'd rather let someone else have the spotlight? Maybe. More likely I'm just a showoff who wants to prove that I can do complicated things.

In the shower, or the car.

This just got worse.

Anyway, on a somewhat related note, it is SUPER fun to sing the harmony on "Don't Stop Believin'" and I must admit that I feel the lyrics that follow really speak to me personally and therefore usually warrant a fist-pump when I hear them (but not Jersey Shore style):

"some will win, some will lose
some were born to sing the blues (fist pump)
oh, the movie never ends
it goes on and on and on and on"

1 comment:

Mrs. Kristoff said...

never gets old.
i always love that when i read your posts i can really hear your voice saying these things.

and that usually involves giggling and sarcasm, the best bridgee combination.

fyi: today's word verification--fectiner.